Sunday, March 9, 2014

Reading with Style






I’m one of those who messed out a lot in life, for so long, fashion and beauty weren't necessarily things I felt the need to know about, most of life I was busy with school and work, first studying literature, then came three different jobs, and then law school, before I know it I was in my thirties thinking why hasn't anyone told me about what can eyelash curlers amazingly do, and  why a designer bag was important!! 

now Although today I think I do fashion quite well, I’m still catching up with makeup tricks and learning to paint my nails!  I just have the tendency to have to wait at least one entire year to follow a certain trend; that was the case  for skinny jeans, aviator sunglasses and studs & spikes which now are all trends I reluctantly, and not entirely, have embraced.

Reading on the other hand, is a problem, I can’t stand a forwarded video, but I’ll read a forwarded link to a 10 pages article, whether about Breaking Bad finale or history of Christianity in the 15th century. I don’t even consider myself a true bookworm; I just PREFER reading over other visual attractions. I always, secretly and after further self-analysis, rationalize that to being extremely narcissistic that I can only enjoy information when they are narrated on my head with my own ugly voice.  Don’t get me wrong I love watching movies and tv shows, I just can’t take educational or informative doses of any sort unless they are in a readable format.


And if you think all that reading obsession made me smarter, think again, I’m still that same average person I've always known except sometimes I suspect I’m deteriorating. I think, and that’s me analyzing again, it’s attributable to my sudden fashion obsession mixed with my reading complex. With constant feeling of guilt, lots of faith issues and “becoming a good person” fixation.  And so maybe it’s okay to make all of those topics in this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment